Saturday, April 14, 2012

God Can Always Repair The Brokenness Of Our Lives

A few days ago, my cat, Osha, was climbing an ornamental angel and it broke. (In fact, this angel was featured in a recent blog entry.) Osha was trying to get at another ornament that was too high off the ground for him to get, so he was climbing the angel to get to it. The angel became unbalanced by Osha's weight and crashed to the ground in pieces. Here is a picture of the end results:


The angel is unrepairable and, therefore, my house is now free of this false image of an angel. (I wonder if Osha reads my blogs.)

Fortunately, when we fall to the ground, with our hearts broken, and our lives in pieces, we are never unrepairable. God promises us in His Word that He heals the brokenhearted and binds their wounds.

"He heals the brokenhearted
and binds up their wounds."
Psalm 147:3 (NIV)

My ornamental angel may be in the trash can, but God will never put us there.

No comments:

Post a Comment