Thursday, April 05, 2012

It's April, Isn't It?

I woke up this morning to see wet, heavy snow falling. Already the ground is covered in four inches of snow, and it's supposed to continue to snow for most of the day.


The snowflakes are huge! Here is a picture of them.


And just think: I was enjoying for days now seeing all of my grass start to turn green in my yard, and watching my flowering plants begin to sprout. I looked forward to gardening! It's April, Isn't it?

The weather here is extremely unpredictable. I think this is the only place in the world where one can experience all four seasons in one week, maybe even in one day. I'm certainly glad that God is not unpredictable.

The Bible says that God never changes. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

"I am the Lord, and I do not change."
Malachi 3:6 (NLT)

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever."
Hebrews 13:8 (NLT)

God does not change like the seasons, or like the weather in Alberta. Thank goodness! At least this is one way I can look positively at a snowfall in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment