Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Without God, Osha Can't Keep His Promise

Osha, my cat, has had his surgery and now retreats to the solitude of his kennel since arriving back home:


His eyes speak volumes: "I promise I will never break any more ornaments, chew on wooden picture frames, or climb and topple artificial trees while trying to get at ornamental birds, if you promise never to take me to that place of horror again!"

Unfortunately for Osha, unless he has the power of God in him, he will never be able to hold true to those promises.

Paul the Apostle tells us in the Bible that even he, a true and honest servant of God, still struggled to do what is good, and not do what is wrong.

"I want to do what is good, but I don't.
I don't want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway."
Romans 7:19

The closer we are to God, the more awareness we have of God's holiness and the sin that still remains in our hearts. We will struggle with our sinful nature until the moment we step through the gates of Heaven. However, as we continue to walk close with God each day on earth, we become more and more like Him, and less and less like us, as God reveals to us the sin in our hearts and the beautiful nature of His heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment