Friday, September 21, 2012

God Has Set Eternity In Each Of Our Hearts

"I can't believe I actually have
a cell phone and a passport now!"

Tomorrow morning, my husband and I will be boarding a plane to Seattle. There we will meet my mother- and father-in-law, and then together we will board another plane to Anchorage, Alaska. (I am really getting excited now as I write about it.) We will spend one week at a beautiful bed-and-breakfast as we explore the wondrous beauty of God's creation.

God has made everything beautiful in its time! And in every man and woman, God has placed in their hearts the awareness that their lives are eternal — that they don't just end when they take their last earthly breath. However, none of us will be able to fully understand what God has done from beginning to end until the day we enter into the world of timelessness.

"He has made everything beautiful in its time.
He has also set eternity in the hearts of men;
yet they cannot fathom
what God has done from beginning to end."
Ecclesiastes 3:11 (NIV)

As we look at the beauty God has made, let us stop and ponder, because in each of our hearts there is a certainty of our life everlasting. God created us for eternity with Him. The beauty of this earth is just the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment