Monday, September 03, 2012

In My Heart I Have Hidden Your Word

On Saturday, when my family and I visited the Alberta Aviation Museum, there was on display a row of old war vehicles, including several World War II Willys. When I stopped at the first of the Willys, my mind travelled back in time; in Bible college, I used to know someone who owned a Willys that he and his father restored. As I was remembering, the owner of the jeep approached me and asked if I would like to sit in it. I really didn't know how to respond, and I didn't want to seem rude, so I said, "Sure." I searched for my husband to give him my camera and purse to hold, and he took this picture.


Here are some other pictures of the various military vehicles:







War is caused by sin — specifically greed and the power to control. Many wars start for religious reasons, even though God plainly states, "Thou shalt not kill." As a result, war sometimes becomes necessary to protect the innocent.

The key to not sinning against God is to hide His Word in our hearts. Many religious people in the world have a head knowledge of God's Word, but since His Word is not hidden in their hearts, they stray away from God's commandments and do evil in the sight of God.

"I seek you with all my heart;
do not let me stray from Your commands.
I have hidden Your Word in my heart
that I might not sin against You."
Psalm 119:10-11 (NIV)

Let us seek God with all our hearts, and not just our minds. Let us hide His Word deeply in our hearts so that we will not sin against Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment