Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Lord Himself Goes Before You

"The Lord Himself goes before you
and will be with you."
Deuteronomy 31:8 (NIV)

This verse is so true! God indeed went before us into Alaska and His favour was shown to us daily. I had an inconceivable time! No words could ever describe the beauty I saw. The many splendours of God's creation are now forever imprinted in my mind.

When the four of us arrived at our beautiful bed-and-breakfast mansion in Anchorage, Brian and I were astonished when we were given the key not to the room we had booked, but to the most expensive room in the house: the honeymoon suite. When Brian and I first viewed our room, we were initially stunned by awe. Then my senses slowly came back to me, as I came to the realization that a mistake had been made, so I rushed back downstairs to tell the owner. She responded with a smile and said, "I just felt that I should give you that room instead."

"Wow!" was the only intelligent remark I could say. After a long pause, my mind kicked in again, so I said two more words in the English language: "Thank you!" I then excitedly ran back upstairs and thanked God for being so good!

Below are some picture I took of this magnificent room.

Three roses lay in the centre of the king-sized bed.


The view out the four door windows (one has its blinds down) was that of a balcony overlooking the beautiful well-kept garden and private yard.


The two-person bathtub was massive. There was also a two-person shower.


These were two sinks, labeled "His" and "Her," as well as two toilets.


The door to the left in the bathroom opened up into a sauna.


The Lord indeed goes before His children in every adventure they take. I think He was just as excited and pleased as we were when He surprised us with this gorgeous room!

And this is just the beginning! I can't wait to share with you more about God's goodness in the million blogs to follow about our unforgettable experiences in Alaska.

No comments:

Post a Comment