Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Because I Love You!

When I was walking along the sidewalks of Anchorage to get to a museum that displayed the history and culture of Alaska, I heard a faint meow amid the bustling noises of the city. I turned around and spotted this cat following me. Instinctively, I took my camera out of its case and snapped this picture. I think the cat sat down to contemplate whether or not I was worth the risk of continuing to follow me by crossing the busy street. I am glad the cat chose not to move, because it was the perfect pose. The picture turned out striking — a beautifully groomed orange and white cat against the bright red painted sidewalk curves, autumn leaves, and green foliage.


For a short period, I was aware of this cat and its movements in a location full of other distractions. I was even able to capture its life on camera. The cat had my interest, but only for a fleeting moment, for I had other plans.

God, on the other hand, is not like that. He is aware of all our movements and knows every one of our thoughts at all times. He knows when we sit down or stand up. He knows what we think and how we feel. Even though God's home is far away in the highest heavens, He is right there beside us, giving each of us His full interest and His infinite, undisrupted, and unhurried time.

"You know when I sit down or stand up.
You know my thoughts even when I'm far away."
Psalm 139:2 (NLT)

You must agree: a cat is a common household pet on earth, and of little interest to most. But when you think about it, we are even more common. This commonness often leads to us feeling insignificant and small in comparison to the seven billion people who live on earth today. But in God's eyes, we are anything but common and insignificant. Each of us is dearly loved by our Father, and greatly cherished by Him!

". . . you are precious
and honoured in My sight,
and because I love you . . . ."
Isaiah 43:4 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment