Saturday, October 20, 2012

He Has Filled Us With All Kinds Of Skills!


Totoro in Japan is like Winnie-the-Pooh here in Canada. In case you don't know, Totoro is a loveable character in a popular Japanese animated movie called, "My Neighbour Totoro." I love Totoro! He is so cute! and the movie is my most favourite of all animated movies!

Two weeks ago, I bought a plump pumpkin with the intention of making homemade pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving dinner. However, I ended up using canned pumpkin instead since it's easier and less messy. Then last night, as I guiltily gazed upon this large pumpkin sitting idly around my house and wondered what I should do with it, my creative mind kicked in! I suddenly ceased to care about the mess or whether there were more pumpkin pies to make. I got a jagged knife, cut off the top, scooped out the insides, stained my white shirt, and slimed up my hands. I was now excited and motived!

My son, Matthew, who also has an artistic bent, came into the kitchen and asked me what I was doing. When I told him, he eagerly got involved:


Here is our creation:!!


We don't celebrate Halloween, but I don't see why we can't have fun carving pumpkins too!

"And He has filled him with the Spirit of God,
with wisdom, with understanding,
with knowledge and with all kinds of skills —
to make artistic designs for work in gold,
(pumpkin), silver and bronze."
Exodus 35:31-32 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment