Saturday, March 29, 2014

Seek The Glory Of The One Who Sends You


Last night, my sons Chris and Matthew and I went to two Christian concerts in one. The first one was the Watoto African Children's Choir, and the second one was led by a famous Christian composer and singer. My sons and I were eagerly looking forward to both concerts.

The Watoto Children's Choir radiated the joy and love of the Lord. We were blessed beyond words! Jesus was presented in all His glory!

However, the second concert left my sons and I stunned in the comparison of the two. They were like day and night. One presented Jesus; the other one presented people. One revealed the humility of the Lord; the other one reeked of the arrogance of man.

There was nothing false about the African children for they sought the glory of the One who sent them. But those who seek to gain personal glory lies.

"Whoever speaks on their own
does so to gain personal glory,
but he who seeks the glory of the One who sent him
is a man of truth;
there is nothing false about him."
John 7:18 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment