Tuesday, March 11, 2014

What Image Is The Church Board Portraying?

Recently I have been nominated to be a board member of the church I serve in. However, I have declined to let my name stand, as there are several God-fearing men in the church who also have been nominated. At present, the church consists predominately of women, so only one man has been elected to the church governing board. The rest are all women who are either single, divorced, have an unsaved husband, or a husband who attends another church. I feel this imbalance and distorted image should change, as it brings shame on the Word of God.


These older women must train 
the younger women
 to love their husbands and their children,
to live wisely and be pure,
to work in their homes, to do good,
and to be submissive to their husbands.
Then they will not bring shame on the Word of God.
Titus 2:5 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment