Sunday, October 02, 2011

The Lord Is My Lighthouse

There are many lighthouses on Prince Edward Island that shine brightly at night to warn ships of dangerous coastlines and hazardous sandbars and reefs.

Our Lighthouse is the Lord Jesus Christ. We do not need to be afraid even in the darkest storms of life because God is there as our safety light to guide, protect and give comfort in our distress.

"The Lord is my light and my salvation — whom shall I fear?"
Psalm 27:1


God's Word, the Bible, is a lamp to guide our feet so we won't stumble in the dark and fall. God's Word is a light to display the path so you won't get lost and not find your way.


"Your Word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path."
Psalm 119:105

God is our lighthouse and His Word is our lamp. Just as a lighthouse gives solace to sailors, God and His Word give us assurance that He is there. The Holy Spirit of God warns us of the snares and traps that the evil one will try to set. We never need to fear when we trust in God. He is our light in a dark world. He is our salvation from sin and evil, and His Word is our compass and guidepost.

No comments:

Post a Comment