Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Very Hairs

God knows the exact number of stars in the universe and can name each one of them. He is aware of everything, whether significant or trivial, that is going on in our lives at all times

"He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name."
Psalm 147:4

At any given time, God knows the precise number of hairs on every person's head. This same God orchestrates miracles (even small ones) in our every day lives. In other words, nothing ever happens by coincidence. It is God!

"Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered."
Luke 12:7

Two nights ago, I bought a fire pit kit for my backyard. It was on sale for half-price because the summer season is over and winter is approaching. I have been wanting one for my backyard all summer, since I love to sit by a fire in the evening and allow the soothing effects of flames flickering in the darkness of the night to calm my soul and bring quiescence to my mind.

After Brian, Tim, and I levelled a spot on the ground and figured out how to arrange the layers of bricks (there was no instruction manual), I stood back and looked at the newly-constructed fire pit and thought, "It would be nice now to have some wooden benches or chairs."

My in-laws are currently visiting. When I invited them to come with me on my morning walk, my father-in-law noticed two newly built hand-made wooden lawn chairs sitting in a neighbour's front yard with a large sign in front of them that read: "Free". My father-in-law excitedly turned to me and said, "Hey, look at that! Why don't we take them. We can each carry one to your house and set them up in your back yard."

I immediately responded with guilt, "No, let's finish our walk first and if they are still there when we get back, then we'll take them." I felt it would be selfish of me to take them, since there might be someone else who wanted them too. So I prayed and told God that if the chairs were still there when we got back, then I'll know that it is His will for me to have them. An hour later, at eleven o'clock, the chairs were still there. I will be honest and say I was thrilled! God arranged a small miracle and blessed me greatly with His unbelievable care for the little things in my life.

Here a picture of these beautiful lawn chairs:


It wasn't  as easy to transport the lawn chairs as my father-in-law first suggested. They were very heavy and awkward to carry. It would have helped though if we didn't laugh so much while carrying them. My neighbours probably think I am crazy. Oh I forgot, they know that already!

Now every time when I look at these chairs I will have a cherished memory of my Heavenly Father's love and care, and my visit with my in-laws.

Miracles happen daily! Sometimes you just need to be aware and acknowledge them.

No comments:

Post a Comment