Sunday, November 06, 2011

"Born To Serve"

Matthew, my youngest son, turns 21 today! He is in his fourth year of university and he plans on becoming a teacher. 

He is clever for he knows when to pray and ask God for help in math assignments.


He is chary for he never boasts or promotes himself. I do it for him.


He is crazy for he inherited that trait from me.


He is compassionate for he wouldn't hurt a flea: he just shoots at balloons, and um . . . maybe one of his brothers.


He is a celestial  . . . that is when he sleeps!


And most importantly, he is compliant for he cherishes his relationship with God.

When I use to drive my sons to school every day, then drop them off, I prayed faithfully on the way back home that God will give each one of my sons a strong desire to know right from wrong.

God answered my prayer. All four of my sons have the highest integrity and their greatest desire is to be obedient to Him.

The Bible says that if we walk in all the way that God has commanded us, we will live long and prosperous. Obeying God gives us immense happiness. Disobeying God gives us grief and misery.

 "Walk in all the way that the Lord your God has commanded you, 
so that you may live and prosper 
and prolong your days in the land that you will possess."
Deuteronomy 5:33

No comments:

Post a Comment