Monday, November 14, 2011

I Have Only Just Begun


Last week, my sons and I decided that it was time to sell our acoustic Pearl Export drumset. Tim bought a Roland V-Drum kit a few years ago and the acoustic drumset has been sitting idle since. So, after church yesterday, I sat down and prepared an ad for the acoustic drumset on Kijiji. Before submitting the ad, I prayed out loud to God in front of my husband, Brian. (I have a habit of doing that, but so far Brian hasn't put me away.) I prayed that the right person would respond to the ad and that the drumset would be used for God's honour and glory. I also prayed and asked God for the price that I should sell it for.

Within five minutes of activating the ad, I got three emails from the same person begging me for the drumset, saying "please" twice in the same sentence. I gave the person my phone number and a few seconds later my phone rang. The man said he was coming over right away to buy the drumset. I will be honest with you. I thought to myself, "Is he some kind of weirdo that spends all day on Kijiji?"

Well, it just so happens that the "weird" man who drove excitedly to our house with his son is the worship leader at a local PAOC church. (Oops. Sometimes I wish God didn't hear all of my silent thoughts.) And no the man did not spend all day on the computer. He and his family were in church worshipping God.

His son, who is ten years old, started learning to play the drums three months ago. When their church bought an electric drumset, they promised to give him the old acoustic set. Unfortunately, to his great disappointment, the church didn't follow through with their promise and they gave the set to someone else. However, the son has a paper route and he started saving money to buy his own drumset. The total money he had saved so far was just enough to buy our Pearl drumset.

God is amazing! He not only answered my prayers, but also the prayers of a worship leader and his son. And just to think I have only just begun to know God's greatness! There is no other god in heaven or on earth who can do the deeds and mighty works that God does.

"O Sovereign Lord,
You have begun to show to your servant
Your greatness and Your strong hand.
For what god is there in heaven or on earth
 who can do the deeds and mighty works You do?"
Deuteronomy 3:24

No comments:

Post a Comment