Monday, November 28, 2011

Wash Me Thoroughly

When David had sinned terribly against God, he quickly realized his filthy state and he poured out his heart to His Father in the following verse.

"Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin!"
Psalm 51:2


Sin makes us feel dirty and in need of a thorough cleansing. The only way to remove our guilt and shame is to go to God our Father in prayer and repentance. If we feel sorrow for our sins and contritely ask God to forgive us, He promises that He will cleanse us from all sin that we have committed in rebellion towards Him.

"I will cleanse them from all the sin they have committed against me
 and will forgive all their sins of rebellion against me."
Psalm 33:8


Any person, no matter how wicked and evil his/her sins, can receive God's forgiveness.

Many would like nothing more than to see in hell the monstrous and nefarious criminals of this world, but God on the other hand would like to see them repent, so they can be in Heaven with Him.

It is truly beyond our understanding how God can clean a person so egregious and yet there remains not even the slightest trace of dirt from his/her past life of unimaginable wickedness.

Let's never think someone is too evil for God to forgive. God has the ability and desire to forgive, even the vilest of sinners. He loves us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment