Friday, March 30, 2012

Our Hearts Burned Within Us

Yesterday was a beautiful, sunny, warm day. It felt absolutely wonderful! It was so nice to feel the warmth of the sun's rays on my cheeks and feel the slight breeze caressing my skin. If I had my way, I would have spent the whole day outside. The cold winters here keep people indoors far too long.

When God speaks to us through His Word, and as we begin to understand the magnitude of His love and care for us, it warms our cold hearts like the sun's rays on a spring day after a long cold winter.

"They said to each other,
'Didn't our hearts burn within us
as he talked with us on the road
and explained the Scriptures to us?'"
Luke 24:32 (NLT)


The good news is that we don't have to wait until spring and summer to feel the warmth of God's love. We can feel His love every day of the year if we remain in His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment