Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Power In Prayer



I am a firm believer in praying against sicknesses before they even occur in one's body. Why wait until one is diagnosed with a disease first? Praying against sickness beforehand battles fear of possible future diseases, and it also prevents them because the Bible says there is power in prayer and faith.

"Therefore I tell you,
whatever you ask for in prayer,
believe that you have received it,
and it will be yours."
Mark 11:24 9 (NIV)

"If you believe,
you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."
Matthew 21:22 (NIV)

Whenever I start to get fearful of a common disease that one of my immediate family members has had, I pray against that disease and trust the Scriptures until my fear is lifted.

Yesterday, I had my routine mammogram and I hate mammograms! They are not only uncomfortable physically, but also emotionally. I would rather not have them, and I told my doctor that, but she insisted that just the fact I am a woman was reason enough to have the screening done.

Then as I sat in the office waiting for my mammogram, I started to get fearful of the actual disease, not just the mammogram; so I prayed and believed in God's Word. When my name was finally called, I was able to cheerfully go in with a positive frame of mind, and leave thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment