Thursday, March 01, 2012

We Can All Smile!

"Strength and dignity are her clothing,
and she smiles at the future."
Proverbs 31:25 (NAS)


I have an appointment to see my dentist this morning to remove my stitches. I still have quite a few left in my gums that haven't dissolved yet, so my dentist will be busy.

When I look in the mirror, I still find it unbelievable to see myself with such large teeth. I brush my teeth half a dozen times a day just as an excuse to look at them and smile. I will be smiling a whole lot wider now because I don't have to worry any more about how much my gums are showing. God has certainly given me a blessing! And it was one I never asked for or expected.

When a person smiles, it indicates that they are opening themselves up to you. Years ago I knew someone my age who never smiled or laughed, and that same person was never able to express their personal feelings or emotions. It is very sad and distressing to have someone you want to be close to, but who refuses or is unable to open themselves up. The relationship cannot thrive, and will ultimately fail, leaving hearts broken and souls wrenched.

Smile because God gives us His love, forgiveness, joy, and a glorious future that will be everlasting!

No comments:

Post a Comment