Monday, March 19, 2012

Talk To God In Honesty -- Don't Pretend

Yesterday, in church, the Lord really encouraged me. When the associate pastor got up to speak, he introduced his message using the same Scripture I felt the Lord gave me at five in the morning. This wasn't a coincidence. That morning, I was feeling kind of discouraged about a lot of things, so I went to God in honest prayer, telling Him about my negative feelings, even though I knew I was wrong to feel that way. However, it is never wrong to be honest with God — it's wrong to pretend you feel a way that you don't.


David in the Bible was always honest with God with his true feelings, even if he was feeling depressed and hopeless. And God always honoured his honesty and humility with encouraging words. David also did not ignore the words of God or shove them aside to ponder on another day. David responded by listening to God's words, taking them to heart, and applying them to his life. As a result, David's spirit was instantly lifted up.

The Bible promises:

"Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will lift you up."
James 4:10 (NIV)

If you are feeling gloomy, don't be afraid to go to God and tell him how you feel. Then wait in silence for God to speak to you, or allow yourself to be aware throughout the day of other ways God might speak to you through someone else, or through a circumstance or happening.

Talk to God when your heart is troubled. Then open your ears and eyes, and allow God to minister to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment