Wednesday, June 06, 2012

The Blood That Was Poured


I love going for walks this time of year. It's the breeding season for birds, and one can see and hear many different kinds at the various swamp areas around my neighbourhood. One of the common kinds is the Red-Winged Blackbird. Tim came with me on last night's walk and took this picture of one in flight. The stark contrast of the red to the black on his wings is amazing.

When I look at this picture, the two colours reminds me of the blood Jesus shed for a dark world that is full of sin and ruled by Satan. Sometimes I wonder if, when God chose the colouring for this bird, there was a deeper meaning behind it. I don't see the omniscient God choosing colours randomly without reason.

"For this is my blood,
which confirms the convenant
between God and His people.
It is poured out as a sacrifice
to forgive the sins of many."
Matthew 26:28 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment