Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Just Think How Much More Excited God Gets!


Last week I bought a bird feeder that keeps the seeds from getting drenched by the rains, which would otherwise rot the feed. Amazingly, within only a few days, Chickadees and House Sparrows discovered my feeder and are now coming regularly into my garden, eating the seeds.

I get so delighted every time I see them! I love the sounds of wild songbirds. Their songs fill the air with sweet-sounding notes that soothe even the most troubled soul. I've wondered why that is, and I think it's because their voices are a reminder to us just how much God excites over seeing and caring for us, especially when He hears our voices praising and thanking Him.

"Look at the birds of the air;
they do not sow or reap or store away in barns,
and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.
Are you not much more valuable than they?"
Matthew 6:26 (NIV)

As we hear the songbirds in our neighbourhoods making joyful noises, let's not neglect letting God hear our voices throughout the day just the same. He loves to hear from us!

No comments:

Post a Comment