Sunday, June 24, 2012

Let God Build Your Home

Two nights ago, my son Matthew and I had fun building two simple birdhouses for my rock garden. I hammered in the nails while Matthew held the pieces of wood together. Then I painted them sunshine yellow to accent my red wooden bench. I feel my rock garden is now complete.



Birds make their own nests or use vacant ones made by other birds. And sometimes birds will make their nests in birdhouses that people build for them. Next spring I hope two birds will choose to raise their families in the homes Matthew and I built.

The Bible says that unless God builds our homes, our work is wasted. In other words, as married couples, we need to put God first in our lives and obey His Word. If God blesses us with children, then, as parents, we need to raise our children with the wisdom and guidance of God and teach them to love, honour, and serve Him. If we fail to allow God to build our homes, then heartache, misery, and division will occur. Our homes will crumble because they were not built on a firm foundation in the Lord Jesus Christ and His Word.

"Unless the Lord builds a house,
the work of the builders is wasted."
Psalm 127:1 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment