Saturday, June 08, 2013

Bold As A Lion Who Does Not Retreat

My sons and I went to the famous Calgary Zoo yesterday. My husband and I went there last year when we celebrated our wedding anniversary, but two of my sons also wanted to see it, and so did I again, so off we went. Below are some of the best pictures Tim took of the lions.






Sin makes people cowards because of their uneasy consciences. But those who fear the Lord fear not, because God is on their side. They are as bold as lions.

"The wicked flee
though no one pursues,
but the righteous 
are as bold as a lion."
Proverbs 28:1 (NIV)

A lion is mighty among beasts because a lion will retreat before nothing.

"A lion,
mighty among beasts,
who retreats before nothing."
Proverbs 30:30 (NIV)

And that is what we are to be like: a lion who is bold and fearless and will not retreat no matter what battle he is facing.

No comments:

Post a Comment