Saturday, June 01, 2013

Wait Expectantly, Not Anxiously

When I went for a walk two nights ago, I spotted for the first time a Canada goose sitting on her eggs on the island in the center of our neighbouring lake. Normally their nests are hidden from human view. I had my camera with me, so I was able to zoom in and take this picture.


A mother Canada goose will lay two to eight eggs, and it usually takes twenty-four to twenty-eight days for her eggs to hatch. She will only leave the nest for short periods of time to feed herself. The father will stay nearby, protecting her and their goslings.


Are they anxious? They don't seem to be. They seem very relaxed and more expectant than anxious. And that is the way God's people should be too. We shouldn't be anxious about anything, but in prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present our requests to God. The picture above is the father on shore.

"Do not be anxious about anything,
but in prayer and petition,
with thanksgiving,
present your requests to God."
Philippians 4:6 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment