Sunday, June 23, 2013

Let Perseverance Finish Its Work

Yesterday, Tim came to the conclusion that several pieces must be missing in the puppet stage's multitude of parts. So, after a restless night's sleep, Tim got up early and gave it another try at putting the stage together, keeping this conclusion in mind. After three hours and a trip to the hardware store to buy four missing pieces, the stage was finally complete and built.

Then Brian and I labelled every piece, took it apart again, and transported it back to the church where we set it up for today's show. Of course to add to my excitement, I set off the church's alarm when entering the building because I happen to have a number in my code that doesn't always work.

Anyways, I took pictures of the completed form of the puppet stage yesterday. Here they are:


The stage is massive!


The building of this puppet stage was a good object lesson in teaching all of us to let perseverance finish its work.

"Consider it pure joy,
my brothers and sisters,
whenever you face trials of many kinds,
because you know that the testing of your faith
produces perseverance.
Let perseverance finish its work
so that you may be mature and complete,
not lacking anything."
James 1:2-4 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment