Thursday, June 13, 2013

Too Good To Be True

Four weeks ago, a friend of mine came to my house to give me a book I bought. She was on the way to work, so we chatted a bit by my door. She asked me about the church I am now attending and working in. My response surprised me because I didn't stop to think about it. I just said, "I don't know. The church seems too good to be true." Recent church experiences and hurts since moving to Edmonton have caused me to be very skeptical. I was like the Prairie Dog below. I was on alert, even though in my heart I knew I was in God's will.



But then last week, the Pastor in his sermon stated that he too in the beginning felt the same way about me and my family. He even used the the exact idiom I did four weeks ago: "Too good to be true."

The Bible says that our Lord will indeed give what is good, so that our land will yield its harvest. And that is what church ministry is all about: working together to yield a harvest of believers for God's glorious Kingdom.

"The Lord will indeed give what is good,
and our land will yield its harvest."
Psalm 85:12 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment