Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Bless And Pray For Those Who Mistreat You


For the last few days, I have been feeling stressed, so stressed that I started feeling physically sick. I went for a long walk yesterday to pray. I asked God to please take the stress away. I felt His presence surround me, but the thing that was bothering me so much hung on like a leach. I literally felt the life in me was being sucked away.

When I got home, the phone rang. It was a call from the person I least wanted to talk to. My anxiety level hit the ceiling as I reluctantly picked up the phone. I wished I could have just run away from it all, but I couldn't. That is when God performed a miracle. Within minutes after picking up the phone, every ounce of my stress left my body. Was is something the person on the other end said? No, definitely not. It was God's Holy Spirit filling me with His strength and wisdom when I chose at that moment to love someone I didn't like.

"Bless those who curse you,
pray for those who mistreat you."
Luke 6:28 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment