Monday, October 21, 2013

When We Trust In God, Our Heart Leaps For Joy

Before my family and I moved to Alberta, I contacted a real estate agent in Edmonton to inquire about the housing market and the best location to live in the area. I chose this particular agent because on her website it stated that she was a Christian. I made one phone call to her, and she made several phones calls back to me.

About six weeks later, I again received a call from her and when I answered, she abruptly asked accusingly, "Who are are?! (I looked on my call display before I answered the call, so I already knew who I was talking to.) Perplexed to the state of this woman's mind, I gently told her my name.

Then in a lawyer-type-of-fashion, she went on to inform me of the evidence she had from her last phone bill that several long-distant phone calls had been made from her home to me. Finally understanding what she was getting at, I calmly and compassionately reminded her that the phone calls were from her. At this point I really felt sorry for her. For whatever reason she didn't trust her husband, and that mistrust clouded her judgment. It caused her to think irrationally.

It is the same with our faith in Christ Jesus. When we begin to loose faith in Christ and the promises stated in His Word, we deprive our mind of mental clarity, sound judgement, and logical thinking. On the other end of the spectrum, when we trust in God, we become strong, protected from the enemy and joyful!


"The Lord is my strength
 and my shield;
my heart trusts in Him,
and He helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise Him."
Psalm 28:7 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment