Thursday, October 24, 2013

Burns In Our Hearts And Bones Like Fire

My husband's parents are presently visiting us, so Brian and I took them to the Alberta Aviation Museum yesterday. While Brian and his parents were examining the different kinds of aircraft, something caught my attention, so I wondered off. It was a restored 1940's Royal Canadian Air Force firetruck.


At present my son Chris is in the process of getting ready to apply to the Edmonton City Fire Department, so I excitedly took some pictures of this antique firetruck to show him.


The Bible says God's Word burns inside our hearts and bones like fire that is impossible to contain. If we try to hold the fire in, we would wear ourselves out.

"But if I say I'll never mention the Lord
or speak in His Name,
His Word burns in my heart
like a fire.
It's like a fire in my bones!
I am worn out trying to hold it in!
I can't do it!
Jeremiah 23:29 (NLT)

So let us not try to contain the fire that burns inside, but rather allow the fire inside to spread to all those around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment