Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Blessings Out Of The Mouths Of Little Children

Last Sunday one of the girls in Children's Church interrupted me while I was teaching to tell me, "You look like an angel!" Perplexed I asked her what she meant because I wasn't wearing white or anything frilly for that matter. I was wearing a jean dress with black leather boots. The precious ten-year old girl then said, "It is not because of what you are wearing." My heart melted and those words she spoke to me I will never forget. Moments like those make serving the Lord such an honour and blessing.

Yesterday, the angel dresses arrived at my door for the Children's Christmas Pageant. And it just so happened that the head angel in my play will be this little girl I mentioned above.


"Yes, praise the Lord,
you armies of angels
who serve Him
 and do His will."
Psalm 103:21 (NIV)

Angels serve God and do His will, so to be called an angel was the greatest compliment I could have ever received.

No comments:

Post a Comment