Thursday, October 31, 2013

The Holy Spirit Transforms And Renews

"Do not conform
to the pattern of this world,
but be transformed
by the renewing of your mind.
They you will be able to test
and approve what God's will is---
His good, pleasing and perfect will."
Romans 12:2 (NIV)

My four sons have always loved to dress up in homemade costumes, especially my youngest son Matthew. However, none of them have ever gone or asked to go treat-or-treating. They just knew that it would not be God's good, pleasing and perfect will. No matter what age you are, when you give you heart to Jesus, God's Holy Spirit transforms and renews your mind that you no longer conform to the pattern of this world.

Here is a picture of my oldest son Daniel in his first costume I made for him for fun one day. I didn't have much money to spend, so I made angel wings from a cardboard box and white tissue paper. His halo was made from a white coat hanger and his gown was made from an old light coloured turquoise bed sheet. (It was the closest colour to white I could find around the house from material I wasn't using.)


It just so happens today is Daniel's birthday and we are going to celebrate! He was born on October 31st, thirty years ago. Happy Birthday Daniel!

No comments:

Post a Comment