Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Loving God Is Obeying Him

There are now five children (all girls) coming to New Hope Kids on Wednesday nights. They are learning to worship God and know Him better through songs, sign language, puppets, crafts, games, and Bible memorization.

I have been teaching these girls the Bible during the time the Israelites were freed from Egyptian captivity and living in the desert with God as their Provider, Protector and Guide.

This week the girls will learn the first four of the Ten Commandments God gave and spoke audibly to the people from Mount Sinai. (I would have loved to been there to hear the voice of God!) The first four commandments teaches us to love God because if we truly love God, we will obey the rest of the commandments which teaches us to love others.

"Whoever has My commands and keeps them
is the one who loves Me.
The one who loves Me 
will be loved by My Father,
and I too will love them
and show Myself to them."
John 14:21


This is the craft I have ready for the girls to make Wednesday and hang in their bedroom as a reminder to "Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness".  John 14:21

No comments:

Post a Comment