Friday, October 04, 2013

Treat Others The Same Way


One of the days my husband, Brian, and I were in Cody, Wyoming, we went river rafting down the Shoshone Canyon. The coolest thing about the trip was who God had ordained to be in the raft with us. We got to meet and work with a Native American woman; her elderly father, who was terrified of water; and her adult son, who was cognitively challenged.

At first, the lady was very nervous to meet us. I could tell she was worried we might be upset, impatient, or rude to her family's special needs. They were visiting with her at the time and she wanted so much to do something momentous with them.

Her father sat on the floor in the middle of the raft so that Brian's and my backs would hide his view of the rapids. Her son sat behind me while I continually encouraged him and kindly instructed him. We all had a great time!

Afterward, the woman excitedly bought three pictures of all of us in the raft: one for her, one for her father, and one for her son. But before she left, she came up to me and thanked me. Then she surprised me by giving me a long, tight hug. She told me she was a Christian and God had answered her prayers.  It was at that moment, I knew I will always remember this rafting adventure!

"Treat others the same way
you want them to treat you."
Luke 6:31 (NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment