Tuesday, October 01, 2013

May My Words Be Pleasing In Your Sight


Last week, I had a very religious lady in the church phone me and critique my ministry with children. It was late at night, so I had trouble sleeping afterwards. During the rest of the week, I tried not to let her words bother me, but they did. I wish I could have pushed a button on the side of my head and delete those harmful words, but unfortunately I couldn't. I became discouraged.

Then Sunday morning as I laid in bed, I didn't feel much like getting up to go to church, so I prayed. I asked God to forgive me for taking offence and to please encourage my spirit today.

When I went to church that same morning, the service started off with greeting one another. (I was surprised because this is not the usually format.) After I shook a few people's hands, a grandmother who brings her three granddaughters to church came to shake my hand. She held my right hand firmly in both of hers, and looked directly into my eyes. She told me she is amazed at how much her granddaughters are learning God's Word in Children's Church. She said, "I don't know how you are doing it, but you are doing a wonderful job. My granddaughters love you!" I stood there in shock at how quickly God answers prayer. I thanked her and God for His sweet comforting Spirit.

"May these words of my mouth
and this meditation of my heart
be pleasing in Your sight,
 Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer."
Psalm 19:14 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment