Sunday, April 06, 2014

Confidence In Prayer

"And we are confident that He hears us
whenever we ask for anything that pleases Him.
And since we know He hears us
when we make our requests,
we also know that He will give us
what we ask for."
1 John 5:14-15 (NLT)


Each week the children receive one of my many photographs with the week's Bible verse printed on it. However, three weeks ago, one nine-year old girl misplaced her album of these pictures and became quite distraught over it. After two weeks of trying desperately to find the album, the girl sheepishly approached me last week to ask for another one. To her dismay, I resisted the temptation to give her one. Instead, I took the opportunity to teach her the power of prayer. I put my arm around the girl's shoulder. We bowed our heads, and prayed to God to help her find the album. When we were through praying, I told her not to worry. God would answer her prayer. She looked at me in disbelief, but I encouraged her to trust God and believe.

God heard this girl's prayer and this week gave her what she asked for. She was so excited to tell me in church today that she found her album! Now this girl knows from personal experience God truly hears and answers prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment