Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Lord Does Not Look At The Things People Look At


"The Lord does not look at the things people look at.
People look at the outward appearance,
but the Lord looks at the heart."
1 Samuel 16:7 (NIV)

Last summer when I prayed for helpers for the weekly boys and girls club at my church, only two volunteers came forward from the entire church, a young lady bartender and a twelve-year old girl. At first I was stunned and questioned God for a second. But then I saw their willing hearts and love overcame my prejudice. I decided to trust God, and keep the woman's career a secret.

For the whole year, these two people have stuck with me, supported my ministry, and have been a great blessing to me and the children. I love them dearly!

Then last night, the lady helper announced she will soon be leaving her profession for another career. Unknowingly to me, she had been in training during the year to become a midwife. Praise God! He sees the heart and calls accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment