Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Like A Child


"I tell you the truth,
anyone who doesn't receive the Kingdom of God
 like a child
 will never enter it."
Mark 10:15 (NLT)

I was on my way out the door to go to church last Sunday morning when the phone rang. I wasn't able to answer the phone, but I did wait by the door to see if the person phoning would leave a message. The person did. It was an excited eight-year-old girl wanting to know if I could pick her and her younger sister up, so they could go to Children's Church with me. I was thrilled, and very proud of them for having the desire to know their Heavenly Father more. These girls are being raised by a non-Christian single mom who works late at night as a bartender in a strip club to support her daughters. With their mother's permission the night before, the girls even got ready all by themselves while their mother was sleeping. (I chuckled to myself at their door when I saw what they wore.)

May we all be like these girls and have that same joy and excitement in our hearts to go to a place to learn more about our Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment