Monday, April 14, 2014

He Is Jesus Christ Our Lord

Sunday afternoon, I took three girls with me to see the yearly Easter Drama and Musical at a large church nearby. All three girls are sisters from a single parent home. They are ten, eight and six years old. However, the oldest girl did not want to go because she is not interested in God. Her mother made her go anyways, so the girl sulked in my car. The youngest girl didn't want to go either when she heard I had two dogs. She demanded to see them instead and began to take a fit. The middle child wanted to go, but fought with her oldest sister in the back seat of my car, slapping her in the face and punching her multitude times. I thought I must be crazy inviting these undisciplined girls to come with me!

Then when we arrived at the church, we were an hour early. This was so we could sit together and be close to the front for the girls to see. However, the hour was torture. I thought it would never end as I tried to entertain three girls. I ended up playing pattycake with the two youngest. I felt foolish, but what can I say. I was desperate.

I was so glad when the lights finally went off and the music started. From the beginning to the end, all three girls were mesmerized and never flinched during the hour and a half performance. The message of Jesus' life on earth touched each of their hearts. They will ever be the same again!


"And He was shown to be the Son of God
when He was raised from the dead
by the power of the Holy Spirit.
He is Jesus Christ our Lord."
Romans 1:4 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment