Saturday, December 24, 2011

Be Confident Of This

Sadly, we drove my visitor to meet her mom and older sister at the BC/Alberta border yesterday. But the fun times we had with her over the last few days will be cherished by all of us forever.

Here are some pictures of the young girl throughout the years I babysat her in BC. In the first, she is standing in the center of the stage at her kindergarten Christmas pageant, looking frightened as she sang and did the actions for a song:


She loves animals, and she especially loved my dog, Einie — short for Einstein. The two of them were inseparable:


Einie has since passed away.

Tim and Matthew helped her build this small snowman in our front yard:


The size of animals never intimidated her:


One Halloween, she dressed up as a princess. My sons and I took her to our church for a night of fun, food, games, and activities:


Twice, we took her and two other girls her age to an annual weekend camp-out hosted by our church's children's program. My sons and I volunteered as helpers.


The day we moved from BC to Alberta was bittersweet:


When we go back to BC to help with Vacation Bible School, we always include her in our dramas and music:


The day before yesterday, when I was feeling a bit sad, this is the verse God gave me concerning her:

"Being confident of this,
that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion
until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

1 comment: