Saturday, December 03, 2011

Find Rest, O My Soul

A person whose mind and body are wracked with stress can go to God and find rest. Thus I have included here a picture of my Angora cat who likes to rest on top of my couch in the living room out in the open, inviting me to take the hint.


I believe God made cats as a reminder for us to take time to relax. It is unfortunate that cats think they have to do it ninety percent of the time before we notice.

The Bibles says we find rest in God and God alone because all our hope is in Him. Therefore, we can put our complete trust in God.

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him."
Psalm 62:5

The Bible also says we are to be still, to rest and let God do the work. We are not to spend time worrying about the things that trouble us.

"Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for Him to act."
Psalm 37:7a

And while we are resting, we need to read and ponder God's Word so that it infiltrates every part of our hearts, minds, and souls.

"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His Word I put my hope."
Psalm 130:5

We can't hope in God's Word without first knowing His Word. Take time each day to rest and read God's Word! And maybe get a cat or a picture of one resting to remind you.

No comments:

Post a Comment