Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Let My Soul Be At Rest Again


Osha, my kitten, is stretched on top of the sofa, resting. I think she is tired from playing with all the new toys she got for Christmas. She is probably dreaming of crinkle balls, plastic balls with bells inside, toy mice, and cat treats. I can even hear her purring contentedly to herself as she sleeps.

Osha reminds me of a verse in Psalms.

"Let my soul be at rest again,
for the Lord has been good to me."
Psalm 116:7

Now that the busy-ness of Christmas is over, we can all take a deep breath, thank the Lord for His goodness, and rest again.

That is what my family, including Osha, and I are doing right now. We are resting again, enjoying the work-free days, reading books, watching Miyazaki films, taking pictures!!! eating Christmas dinner leftovers, and thanking God that He has been so good to all of us.

We can thank God for:
  • His unfailing love! No one will love us more.
  • Prayer! We can talk to God our Father anytime, anywhere, and He always hears.
  • His forgiveness! There is no sin He cannot forgive when we come to Him with a penitent heart.
  • His Holy Spirit! He resides in us when we accept Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. The Holy Spirit comforts, teaches, empowers, transforms, and convicts us.
  • The Word of God! It is a guidebook that shows us how to live a godly life and to know God personally, a book that transcends all generations and times.
  • His peace! We can rest when we give our worries and fears to God. Trust in God!
And finally, we can thank God for all the added personal blessings He gives to us! Count them one by one!

No comments:

Post a Comment