Friday, December 23, 2011

From The Breath Of God Ice Is Made

Yesterday, two of my sons, Tim and Matthew, took the young girl who is visiting us to the ice-skating rink.


Tim and Matthew each took turns in allowing her to hold onto their sleeves for occasional support.


She was fortunate to have two strong men to grap a hold of when she was tired or felt unsure.


Sometimes, my sons didn't feel so fortunate because she was a girl and they couldn't defend themselves from her female wiles.


Actually, she fits very well into the family. She is spirited, tom-boyish, laughs at my sons's jokes, and has no fear.

I sat on the bench and took pictures because my ice-skates were being used. As I sat there, I thought about how beautiful ice is.

I love to ice-skate, especially outdoors. During cold winter days, my dad used to often take my twin brother and I ice-skating on a frozen lake in a park near where we lived.

The world generally gives little thought about the wonder of weather, especially in view of God's supremacy. The following poetic verse gives us the image of God breathing to make ice and frozen waters.

"From the breath of God ice is made,
and the expanse of the waters is frozen."
Job 37:10

We must not forget that it is God who created the weather and He is the One who is in control of it. This winter as we enjoy all the fun of outdoor sports and activities, think of God.

1 comment:

  1. The little girl certainly looks sweet and the boys look somewhat awed by her spirit.

    ReplyDelete