Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Grave News: Cat Eats Fiberglass


This last week, we have had a very sick kitty. I know this is hard to believe, but Osha, our angelic-looking kitten, went into our unfinished utility room, ripped the plastic off the walls, and ate some fiberglass insulation. As a consequence of Osha's misbehaviour, he suffered a very bad tummy ache with symptoms that became more serious as the days went on. He was not able to eat for five days. He started vomiting continually, became listless, and, as a result, lost a considerable amount of weight. We all thought Osha wasn't going to make it. Then a few nights ago, my son Matthew decided to sleep on the couch in the living room so that he could hold the cat and pray for him. Matthew felt for sure it would be Osha's last night and he wanted to be with the cat so that Osha wouldn't be alone if he died.

Well, God answered all our prayers. Osha started to improve the next day, and, this morning, for the first time in over a week, Osha ate half a can of moist cat food. It was trout flavoured. I normally only feed our cats dry cat food, but yesterday, out of desperation to get the cat to eat again, I bought six cans of moist cat food. At first, I could only get Osha to eat half a teaspoon of it, but this morning was a different story. He licked his chops and looked at me for more. We have our cat back! Good thing my son Tim taped up the plastic downstairs so that Osha can't get into the fiberglass insulation again.

The Bible says that we can ask anything in His Name, and He will do it if it is according to His will.

"Yes, ask me for anything in My Name, and I will do it."
John 14:14 (NLT)

My son Matthew applied this verse a few nights ago when he prayed to God to heal our young cat — as he lovingly held this mischievous cat in his arms.

2 comments:

  1. I just had to leave a comment to tell you Osha is gorgeous! What a terrific photo! That's one good looking kitty. My cat Boo-Boo used to pull the pink insulation out of the walls regularly and proudly carriy his "catch" around the house. Unfortunately it has made him chronically ill with serious chronic diarrhea, daily. So its definitely a serious matter. Hope your little guy is staying out of the stuff; I'd hate to see him go through what our guy has. All the best to you and Osha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a very good post indeed. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it in my lunch time. Will surely come and visit this blog more often. Thanks for sharing.
    Lanai Screen

    ReplyDelete