Thursday, May 24, 2012

God's Word Gives Us Reassurance And Peace

When you're a mother, it is very hard not to worry. My son Tim hasn't been well for months. He has been on a strict gluten-free diet for three weeks now, and things are improving in some ways, but his intestines still have difficulty digesting most foods, especially meat and corn. At present, he can't do much work on his PhD research — and he's being funded by a government scholarship. Even worse, he contacted the referral agency this week to ask when they scheduled his appointment to see an Immunologist/Allergist. She cooly and unconcernedly told him that he would have to wait three months before even getting an appointment. Who knows how long he would have to wait after that? It's crazy.

Also, early this morning, I took Tim to have an echocardiogram because the doctor discovered a heart murmur when he visited her two weeks ago.

I woke up in the middle of the night and started worrying. I know worrying doesn't do a person any good. I tried to trust God right away, but I struggled for some time. You would think after being a Christian for so many years, I would have overcome worrying by now. Well, no, not yet. However, it was such a comfort to be able to get up in the morning, go to God's Word, and have His words give me peace. I don't have any family members or friends in Alberta, and with my husband gone most of the time, I have to rely heavily on God's Word. Praise God for His Word! It is a priceless treasure beyond anything or any person found on earth.

"Give all your worries and cares to God, 
for He cares about you."
1 Peter 5:7 (NLT)


If God cares for one daisy growing wild in a field, how much more does God care for us?

No comments:

Post a Comment