Tuesday, May 01, 2012

If I Had Wings I Would Fly Away

"Oh, that I had wings like a dove; 
then I would fly away and rest!"
Psalm 55:6 (NLT)

I am sure we have all felt like David at one time or another — that if only we had wings, we would fly away to rest and escape the troubles of this world.

What about when we are stuck in rush hour traffic? I can't be the only one who has wished my car had wings to avoid the stress of driving in chaos. But even if our cars could convert into some sort of aircraft, we still would never be able reach that desired place of complete rest.

Thankfully, however, there is coming a day when each of God's children on earth will fly away from all the troubles, sorrows, heartaches, and fears of this world and rest eternally in the presence of God.

David should have written: "Oh, one day I will have wings like a dove; then I will fly away and rest!"

*     *     *

I bought this bomber jacket for my son Matthew when he was in grade twelve. It's going to come in handy as part of someone's costume for the "Sky" VBS dramas. The intrusive cat in the picture is Osha. I can never take a picture in the house without him being in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment