Sunday, May 13, 2012

Life Doesn't Get Any Better Than This!


"Praise the Lord!
Oh give thanks to the Lord,
for He is good;
For His lovingkindness is everlasting."
Psalm 106:1 (NASB)

Today is my birthday and Mother's Day all at the same time!

I am very thankful to God for giving me four wonderful sons! We had a great day yesterday as we drove to Red Deer to go shopping.

First, we stopped at an airsoft supply warehouse. My sons are planning on going airsofting next week with a friend on his Uncle's property just outside the city. Chris bought a long-range sniper rifle with various accessories, and Daniel bought a gas-powered handgun. Then Chris offered to buy me an airsoft gun for Mother's Day. It was tempting, believe me, but I politely refused on the grounds that I might use it on them in the house when they become obnoxious. (Oops, did I just contradict myself? I wasn't lying when I said they are wonderful. Honest!)

Then we went to the best Christian Book store ever. There Chris bought me a drawing of a young boy playing with his toy cars in the sand. The artist was in the store displaying her paintings and artwork, and I particularly loved this picture that she had drawn. It brought back so many memories for me of raising my sons. Also, Tim bought me a Christian children's book, as I love to collect them. This one is about Noah and a monkey who, because he struggles with trusting God, resists going into the ark. The story touched my heart because we all, at one time or another, can be like that monkey.

Daniel will be taking me out for Sushi after church today, and Matthew is painting me a picture.

Life doesn't get any better! God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment