Thursday, May 31, 2012

Dress Excitedly To Honour Him

This week my son Matthew had to attend the grade six graduation into the youth group at the church where he works. As he was about to get ready for the event, he turned to me and asked the male-confounding question that only females can answer, "What shall I wear?" I responded by telling him that he should wear the best he has, to show the grade six children the specialness of the event.

Matthew decided to do better than that. He decided to wear the best everyone had in the house. He searched through all his brothers' and father's closets and came up with this.


Matthew is wearing Tim's olive-green dress shirt and his father's brown tweed jacket. The rest is his. I thought he looked great!

As I watched Matthew get ready, I felt God speak to me. How many of us have this enthusiasm in getting ready for church? Do we excitedly search through our closet to get dressed because we are so eager to go to the house of God and show our honour and joy in knowing Him?

The Bible says we should be rejoicing every time we are about to get ready to go to God's house.

"I rejoiced with those who said to me,
'Let us go to the house of the Lord.'"
Psalm 122:1 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment