Saturday, May 05, 2012

They Will Fight You, But Fail

Today, two of my brothers, Chris and Matthew, are going to the ICTF Western Canadian Taekwon-Do Championships. I'm sure it sounds more impressive than it actually is. My mom is going there to watch. It's a full day. I have to stay home and catch up on some work since I was sick this last week.

Here are some pictures of my brothers in their flashy doboks.



They're a bit nervous, but they don't need to be, because in the Bible it says:

"'They will fight you, but they will fail.
For I am with you, and I will take care of you.
I, the LORD, have spoken!'"
Jeremiah 1:19 (NLT)

When God is with you, there's no reason to be afraid. Even when facing an impending career choice, a daunting homework assignment, an upcoming medical examination, an unwritten blogger post, or a panel of tournament judges who wave little flags to authoritatively indicate the balance of skill that exists between you and your opponent.

No comments:

Post a Comment