Wednesday, May 23, 2012

We Adore You, God!

When I was a young girl, visiting my Aunt in Victoria, I remember a certain large flowering bush she had in her back yard that I fell madly in love with. It was a Japanese flowering snowball tree. I determined then that, when I grew up and had a house of my own, I would buy one for myself and plant it in my yard.

For many years I have looked and looked, but disappointedly never found one — until last Saturday that is, at a local garden centre. I couldn't believe my eyes! I was so excited! Today I am going back to the store to buy one of those trees. I had to first make certain I had a spot for it in my yard. I do. Praise God! It's going to be by my deck right near the house to protect it from the cold winters here.

The house that I live in now was brand new when we bought it, so I had the privilege and joy of landscaping the yard. Every tree and bush I bought and planted has a special memory for me. The fruit trees remind me of my backyard as a child growing up. I remember during the spring time taking a blanket and a book, and lying under one of our many fruit trees, dreaming I was in another land and place as pretty blossoms gently floated down around me and spotted the green grass with small, delicate, white flowers.


The two pink rose bushes I planted, one in the front and one in the back yard, remind me of my wedding day as I carried beautiful, pink roses down the aisle of my church to meet my handsome husband-to-be. I have always loved the colour pink! The lilies I planted along the right side of my house remind me of my grandfather who grew bright-orange lilies in his yard. Before he died, he gave me a pot of them to plant in my yard. Unfortunately, I foolishly left them in their pot and they died the first winter I had them, leaving me broken-hearted. Today, however, I have a row of bushy and healthy lily plants that will soon reveal a bright display of vibrant colours.

Everything on earth belongs to God, and we adore Him for all its beauty and wonder!

"Yours, O Lord,
is the greatness,
the power, the glory,
the victory,
and the majesty.
Everything in the heavens and on earth is yours,
O Lord, and this is your Kingdom.
We adore You as the One who is over all things."
1 Chronicles 29:11 (NLT)

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy reading your blogs. Thank you for your time and effort that goes into preparing these blogs daily.
    Carolyn B (Kamloops)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your words, Carolyn! God bless you and your family!

      Love Sandra

      Delete