Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Come And Have Breakfast!

The bed-and-breakfast at which Brian and I stayed in Leavenworth was a beautiful country home on three acres surrounded by snow-covered mountains, meadows, and thick forests of hemlock, cedar, fir, and pine. During our five-day stay, we spotted five deer, a rafter of wild turkeys, some quail, and an owl perched high in a towering tree.


The man who owns and operates this bed-and-breakfast used to be a professional cook, so the breakfasts were gourmet and totally divine. I didn't worry about calories while I was there. I enjoyed every single bite of my huge, delicious breakfasts and was only slightly hungry again at supper. My favourite breakfast was his German pancakes covered in baked sliced apples with his own recipe of berry sauce made from wild berries in the area. My mouth is watering just thinking about them.


Not only was this man a fantastic cook and an exuberant servant who wore his apron with pride every morning as he happily greeted and served us, he was also a friend who would pull up a chair to our breakfast table and chat with us with an eager desire to know each one of his guests. This man certainly had the heart of Jesus in him. In fact, he reminded me of Jesus, when Jesus lovingly prepared breakfast for His disciples one early morning on the beach after His disciples were tired, hungry, and discouraged from fishing all night.

"Jesus said to them,
'Come and have breakfast.'"
John 21:12a (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment